This policy explains how and why we use personal information. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are Kingsmoor Packaging Limited, a company registered in England & Wales, Company Number. 02375692.
You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
Information we may collect from you
Information collected directly from you
We may collect the following information directly from you:
- Your name, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.kingsmoorpackaging.co.uk (“Site”) or by corresponding with by phone, e-mail or otherwise, for instance, through surveys.
We may also collect information when you:
- Register to use the site,
- Search for goods,
- Request a quotation via the site
- Participate in our blog or other social media functions on the Site;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; and/or
- Report a problem with the Site.
Information collected automatically
We gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP) referring and exit website, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data and other applications.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the Site, to learn about user behaviour on the Site, to improve our product and services and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Information collected via Third parties
We may collect the following information via trusted third parties who provide services to you through different websites we operate or other services we provide including business partners, sub-contractors, (including those providing payment and delivery services), advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and website, hosting and maintenance providers.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies Policy
How we use your information
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or to the extent necessary to:
- enter into, or perform, a contract with you;
- comply with a legal duty
- remember your preferences e.g. if you ask not to receive marketing material, we will keep a record of this, or
- for our own (or third party’s) lawful interests (such as marketing, internal record keeping, market research or to improve our products) provided your rights don’t override these.
We will only use your information for the purpose it was collected (or for similar/related purposes). For our clients, this includes using your personal data to the extent necessary to perform our contractual obligations (such as administering their accounts and providing them with services).
Legal basis for us processing your personal data
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via e-mail or post.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time and where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after your consent is withdrawn.
We collect and use your personal data because it is necessary for:
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for sale of goods to you;
- complying with our legal obligations; or
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests including but not limited to;
- selling and supplying goods and services to you;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints and disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Kingsmoor Packaging, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Kingsmoor Packaging;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Kingsmoor Packaging; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
- Service providers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with members of our group and some of our service partners including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them in relation to processing or delivering your goods.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engines providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below and we will never sell or rent your data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may, however, share your data with:
- Prospective sellers or buyers, in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your personal data to a prospective buyer or seller
- Prospective third parties which acquire our assets, in the event that we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data we hold will be transferred to the third party acquiring our assets.
- Government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- In order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of sale and other agreements;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Kingsmoor Packaging, our customers, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction);
- Where we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations, to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases), for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and for the protection of our employees and customers.
Information for email recipients
This policy primarily covers how we use data relating to our customers, prospects, website visitors and people who interact with or do business with us. In these cases we will be the “data controller” for the purposes of data protection law.
We willingly hold information about our customer’s contacts for the duration of their contract with us, after which all data will be removed. We may store logs of addresses we have sent email to for up to 12 months after that point for the purposes of compliance and system monitoring.
Our view is that “spam” (unsolicited commercial email) has a negative impact on the internet and those who use it. It squanders resources and wastes the time and money of recipients.
Security – How we protect your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site, any transmission is at your own risk.
We normally only store data within the European Economic Area (EEA). If one of our subcontractors (such as a payment processor) needs to transfer it outside of the EEA then we will take steps tome sure adequate levels of privacy protection, in line with UK data protection law, arena place. These safeguards will usually be contractual and/or the result of a European Union decision which allows transfer such as a US organisation that is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework).
We remove most information to us by clients as soon as services are ceased, and data will cycle out of long term backups. We store logs of outbound emails for up to 12 months after the email is sent for the purposes of handling abuse complaints and compliance monitoring.
We will continue to store limited information about the client (including transaction records) for up to 6 years for accounting, record keeping and administrative purposes. If we consider that there is a need to store records for longer (for example, the transaction has been the subject of a dispute or claim) then we will retain the data for as long as is necessary.
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which (for individuals) are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy it (this is known as a subject access request);
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified; and
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling.
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, Kingsmoor Packaging Ltd, Cary Court, Bancombe Road, Industrial Estate, Somerton, TA11 6SB. Tel: 01458 273001 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so. If you are not happy with our response, or you believe that your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, you should contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK. Details of how to do this can be found at www.ico.org.uk
Links to other websites
Any questions about your personal data or this policy should be directed to the following address: The Data Protection Officer, Kingsmoor Packaging Ltd, Cary Court, Bancombe Road, Industrial Estate, Somerton, TA11 6SB. Tel: 01458 273001 or email: email@example.com.
Kingsmoor Packaging Ltd, Cary Court, Bancombe Road Industrial Estate, Somerton, TA11 6SB
01458 273001 | firstname.lastname@example.org